Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Seaside Walk and the Y2PC

A few weeks ago, it was my first time to join a meetup event of the Y2PC (Yoko-Yoko Photo Club). Meeting new people scares the shit out of me. Being an introvert, I always felt that it was really hard to connect with new people. During social gatherings, usually I would end up talking to the people I am most familiar with to avoid the humiliation of being a loner. In this event however, I came alone. No familiar friends to save me so the nerves were pretty high. What I didn't know that these people are genuinely nice and very friendly. At the end of they day I was happy meeting new people who share the same passion for photography as I do.

The group met at Kamakura station around 1:30 pm but I think we started shooting around 2pm which was really a terrible time for landscape photography. Most the people were doing street photography, a talent which I clearly lack. So, I tried my best to follow and imitate most of their shots.

Below are some of my shots that I think turned out ok.

Relax
Fisherman's Rest

Meditating
Meditation Before Riding the Waves

Speed
Speeeeeeed!

I tried shooting the photographers as well. I also find people taking pictures very interesting. Here are some of the photographers of the Y2PC, all of them really nice people.

Beer Break
Photographer In Action



Blending InStare DownSenpai Kohai


As the sun went down, I become more confident with my shots. I love shooting during the golden hour as it brings magic to your photos without you even trying hard. By this time, my nerves are all gone and I was just enjoying the company of photographers and the lovely scene.

LQ
Sunset Drama

Hopefully soon there would be another meetup event for Y2PC as I really enjoyed the Seaside Walk .

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...