Tuesday, January 15, 2013

PotD: Still Broken Up About It

It's fun browsing old rejected images and finding something that you can edit because of your newly learnt techniques. For this one, I went crazy with photoshop. For a few weeks now, I've been upping my game with photoshop. Usually I would just add a few filters and be done with it. I was very reliant to 3rd party software like Photomatix and Nik Software to make my images. But after learning about luminosity masking, I've cut down my usage to almost none. 

Here is a shot taken from one of many colorful flower farms in Hokkaido, Japan. The tree looked like a heart with a chip on the upper left hence the title.



This is not one of the best images in the world but it's a good practice for blending manually as seen first part of my layers.


Here is the before image if you're curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...