Thursday, June 30, 2011

HDR Photo Pro Review

For a while now, I have been using HDR Photo Pro and have been comparing it against my entire HDR Workflow where I use Lightroom Photomatix and Photoshop. To cut things short, I am generally impressed by the software as it gives me more "realistic" results than its famous rival.

Here are some of the images I processed using the software.
Not bad right? Let me assure you that I didn't use any other software besides it. So, now, let me tell you the pros and cons:

What I like about it
  • Adjustment sliders are fast (but only for Preview Size Processing)
  • Names of sliders are much easier to understand. (As compared to smoothing sliders of Photomatix)
  • Produces more "realistic" images
What I don't like about it
  • No Lightroom plugin for easier integration into my HDR workflow.
  • The strength slider has a stronger effect on Full Size processing than in Preview Size Processing.
  • Noise reduction is freakishly slow. I use Lightroom instead.
So, will I use this software? Yes.... but only for those images where I am sure I won't be needing the help of Lightroom and Photoshop for clean up - which is pretty rare. I recommend this software if you don't want to use other products for your HDR photography. All in all, HDR Photo Pro as a standalone software is very impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...